Bedford Campus and Lowell Campus - Day and Evening
The Liberal Studies Certificate program allows students, with the assistance of an academic advisor, to develop an individualized course of study appropriate to specific education interests or needs. Each Liberal Studies Certificate plan must be approved by the Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs before the student completes the 15th credit. Successful completion of 30 credits, including one math and one English course, is required for graduation. Careful planning in consultation with an academic advisor is essential to a well-balanced and meaningful program of study.
The program’s MassTransfer Option is designed for students who are ready to begin college-level coursework and wish to enroll in an affordable program that can lead to a bachelor’s degree. Through the Commonwealth’s MassTransfer Program, students can complete their general education requirements at Middlesex and, if accepted at a Massachusetts state university or the University of Massachusetts, the entire 34-credit MassTransfer Block is guaranteed to transfer and apply toward the transfer institution’s general education requirements. By taking this core group of courses at Middlesex, students can save thousands of dollars in tuition costs.
Note : This program is NOT approved for state or federal financial aid.
Career and Transfer Outlook:
Students in the Liberal Studies Certificate program pursue a variety of career and transfer options after graduation. Careful planning with career and academic/transfer counselors at MCC is essential.
Students are urged to meet with their academic advisor early to explore degree-completion and transfer options.
Graduates of Liberal Studies programs are prepared to:
- Use knowledge acquired at MCC as a foundation for continued study and/or practical application;
- Interpret and analyze information in order to engage in critical thinking and problem solving;
- Communicate, use information, and employ technology effectively;
- Communicate an understanding of the world from a global perspective;
- Demonstrate social responsibility within the college community;
- Demonstrate the capacity for on-going personal and professional development.