Associate in Science
Bedford Campus and Lowell Campus - Day and Evening
The Business Administration Career Associate in Science degree program is designed to prepare students for direct workforce entry. This option provides a strong general business background in the fundamental areas of accounting, business computer applications, management, marketing and business law. Additionally, students expand their education by exposure to a wide variety of general elective coursework. Many people currently working in the field of business choose the Business Administration Career degree program in an effort to expand their potential for growth in the business workforce.
Career and Transfer Outlook:
Upon completion of this program students are prepared to pursue many different business careers in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, marketing and sales, distribution, and service organizations. Graduates can begin careers as management assistants or trainees in a broad array of industries, including banking, insurance, manufacturing and investments. Although not primarily intended as a transfer degree, some students do continue on to a bachelor’s degree program on a full- or part-time basis.
Students should choose Business electives based on their intended career path or may use these electives to explore a variety of different business interests to assist them in selecting a future career in business. The Business Career degree prepares students to go directly into the workforce, while the Business Administration Transfer Option prepares students to transfer to a bachelor program.
Graduates of the Business Administration Career Option program are prepared to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the practice of business, including management, marketing and accounting, and the applications of these topics in the business environment;
- Think critically, articulate and explain various business concepts and apply these concepts to solve common business problems;
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and nonverbal techniques, including the use of technology in the gathering and presentation of information;
- Recognize the presence of various cultures and have a global perspective when analyzing and planning in business;
- Demonstrate their knowledge of ethics and social responsibility, and how business integrates this into their ongoing operations.