NUR 260 - Nursing Issues
In this course the student will explore concepts, trends, and professional behaviors that affect current nursing practice. The focus is on the Core Competencies© of professionalism, communication, and teamwork/collaboration as students prepare to transition into the workforce.
At the completion of the course, the student will:
- Incorporate the multi-dimensions of professionalism into nursing practice.
- Analyze the impact of local and global trends/resources on quality patient care.
- Assess the role of evidence in supporting healthcare decisions and practices.
- Use effective communication to foster mutual respect, team learning, and professional development.
- Create a personal philosophy of nursing that incorporates the Core Competencies©.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of NUR 205, NUR 206, BIO 235 and MAT 177.
Corequisite(s): ENG 102, NUR 256, Humanities elective.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.