NUR 101 - Fundamentals Of Nursing
In this course the student is introduced to the basic knowledge, attitudes, and skills of the professional nurse. The Nurse of the Future Nursing Core Competencies© provide the framework for this course, where the focus is on patient-centered care, safety, evidence-based practice, professionalism, teamwork, and communication. Clinical application of the Fundamentals of Nursing theory course includes a laboratory and a direct care component.
At the completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the multiple dimensions of patient-centered care.
- Explain human factors and basic design principles that affect safety.
- Describe the concept of evidence-based practice.
- List the attributes of professionalism.
- Describe the roles of the interdisciplinary and nursing health care team members.
- Identify principles of effective communication.
Corequisite(s): ENG 101, BIO 231, PSY 101, NUR 102
Note(s): NUR 102 must be taken concurrently with NUR 101.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.