NUR 080 - LPN/ADRN Transition
In this course the student will explore the role change from licensed practical nurse to associate degree nursing student. The focus is on the application of the nursing process to specific skills required for the student who qualifies to advance-place into NUR 155/156* or for the graduate of an articulating LPN program who qualifies to enter NUR 205/206.
At the completion of the course, the student will:
- Identify the Core Competencies© of the Registered Nurse.
- Differentiate between the various roles of the nursing health care team members.
- Apply basic concepts of evidence-based practice to the care of the patient.
- Apply principles of effective communication.
- Demonstrate competence in specified nursing skills.
- Calculate safe drug dosages.
Note(s): Hybrid format
Enrollment is limited to readmitted nursing students or Licensed Practical Nurses who have been accepted into the Middlesex Community College Nursing Program.
*To advance-place into NUR 155/156 the student must also pass the NLN-ACE PN-RN exam. Exemption credit. (15 hours)
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.