Associate in Science
Lowell Campus - Saturdays
The Business Administration Transfer Accelerated Option Associate in Science degree program is designed to prepare students for transfer to bachelor’s degree programs in business. This option gives students a valuable foundation in introductory business, accounting and management coursework, as well as a broad general education core curriculum. This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state universities and the University of Massachusetts. Academic advisors and transfer counselors work closely with students to plan course selections in accordance with their intended bachelor’s degree major and transfer institution.
The accelerated format meets the needs of those individuals who are college ready and focused on earning an Associate’s degree in Business Administration in as little as 17 months. Our cohort model allows students to benefit from the support and motivation of a dedicated group of students who follow the same program. The hybrid courses are a blend of face-to-face classroom time with computer-based learning. A significant part of the course learning is online and, as a result, the amount of classroom time is reduced. Classes meet for 10-week sessions on Saturdays throughout the year.
Career and Transfer Outlook:
Most students in this program continue their studies toward a bachelor’s degree in business on either a full or part-time basis. The transfer degree provides a solid foundation for students planning to continue on to study accounting, management, marketing, finance or management information systems. Students should check the requirements of the transfer institution and meet with career and academic/transfer counselors at MCC for specific program planning.
For those students who do not plan to transfer immediately to a bachelor’s degree program, the Business Administration Transfer associate degree provides students with the necessary business skills to be successful in today’s workforce. Students may pursue various careers in business in a wide variety of industries.
These classes are only offered Saturdays on the Lowell campus. Students in the cohort will be expected to take the courses in a scheduled order, unless they have transfer credit for a course. Elective options are limited to what has been chosen for this particular program each semester. Additional coursework may be required based on college placement testing. Students should take Intermediate Algebra (MAT100) during their first semester to be qualified for Precalculus I (MAT 180) which is required later in the program.
Graduates of the Business Administration Transfer Option Program are prepared to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the practice of management, marketing and accounting, and the applications of these topics in the business environment;
- Transfer to a business administration bachelor’s degree program;
- Communicate effectively using written, oral and nonverbal techniques, including the use of technology in the gathering and presentation of information;
- Use critical thinking skills to appraise and evaluate business practices, including the use of quantitative and qualitative techniques;
- Recognize the presence of various cultures in the business world and comprehend the need to have a global perspective when analyzing and planning in a business environment;
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the concept of ethics and social responsibility and if/how business integrates this into their ongoing operations;
- Comprehend the rapid change taking place in the business environment and demonstrate an ability to engage in ongoing professional development.