Middlesex Community College Academic Catalog 2018-19 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Launch Your Business Now
Want to start or grow a business within 4-12 months? This applied entrepreneurship certificate will help get you there in 16 weeks. Curriculum is designed for the student to work solely on developing their business concept, evaluating market opportunity, testing assumptions, and setting up systems to successfully launch a business. Systems will include accounting, marketing strategies, sales principles, operations, and financing.
Career and Transfer Outlook
In preparing for the 21st century workforce, it is strongly recommended that students learn entrepreneurial skills. Additionally business students are looking for an applied program to help them launch a business while taking courses, not just learning theories of business.
Gainful Employment Disclosure Information:
In accordance with Federal regulations, Middlesex Community College discloses information about student costs, tuitions, fees and employment statistics to various governing bodies to ensure certification and oversight.
See: Gainful Employment Information
This program will provide students the channel to present to a funding committee part of the Everyday Entrepreneurs Venture Fund (EEVF) Program, a pilot set to run in the Fall of 2018. The EEVF program includes a grant (ranges from $1,000 - $20,000) used to start or grow their business. In exchange for a grant, students must commit to a year of mentoring from a team of mentors (representatives from the funding committee, a committee of the MCC Foundation. The funding committee will have guidelines for funding which will include cash positive projections in 6 - 12 months.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial mindset
- Create tools and practices for operating a business
- Develop strategies to approach business challenges and opportunities
- Prepare a business model to launch or strengthen an existing enterprise
- Prepare financial models and perform basic accounting tasks
- Validate systems and record impact on business
- Present the venture in a persuasive and professional business pitch
- Launch or grow a business