ITC 211 - Information Storage Management
Course Description: This course provides comprehensive, hands-on coverage of the storage and management concepts and technologies necessary to make informed administrative decisions in an increasingly complex IT environment. Emphasizing information security, topics include the architecture, features, and benefits of Intelligent storage systems; storage networking technologies such as FC-SAN, IP-SAN, NAS; object-based and unified storage; business continuity solutions such as backup, replication, and archive; and the emerging field of cloud computing. 3 lecture hours, 2 lab hours)
Prerequisite(s): Completion of ITC 201
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Describe data center infrastructure, third platform technologies, and software-defined storage
- Evaluate various types of intelligent storage systems and storage networking technologies and their deployment
- Analyze key processes for managing a storage infrastructure, business continuity, and archiving solutions
- Classify various security threats and controls in a storage infrastructure
- Utilize key storage and security concepts to solve data storage problems.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.