NST 121 - Computer Systems Fundamentals
Course Description: This course provides a strong foundation in the core fundamentals of basic computer architecture and operating systems. The relationships between hardware and operating systems, as well as computing environments such as virtualization and cloud, will be explored. Concepts are reinforced through exercises and hands on labs. Students will also learn fundamental Linux system administration. (3 lecture hours, 2 lab hours)
Prerequisite(s): Completion of or concurrent enrollment in ITC 101.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Comprehend the basic functionality of computer architecture, CPU, memory, register, data storage, BUS and I/O devices.
- Explain the interactions of computer architecture, operation systems and applications.
- Explain number systems, truth tables, Boolean algebra, digital logic and data representation.
- Perform basic Linux system administrative tasks.
- Comprehend the basic concepts of cloud computing and virtualization.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.