COM 104 - Foundations of Media Production
Course Description: This course provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the terminology and theoretical concepts of media production. Students learn and apply technical skills through the production of media projects. These experiences establish a foundation for subsequent media production courses.
General Education Elective(s): Humanities
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply the production process when creating media projects.
- Develop and write basic media production proposals, scripts and storyboards.
- Integrate compositional and artistic theories into media productions.
- Record and edit still photographs, audio and video using a variety of production tools and software programs.
- Collaborate with classmates to organize and produce media projects.
- Consider ethical implications and apply ethical decision making in the field of media production.
- Critically reflect on professional practice.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.