BUS 156 - Culinary Skills
Course Description: The practical course is designed to teach the basic classical cooking techniques in the context of a professional kitchen environment. The class will emphasize the concepts of efficiency, organization, cleanliness and time management. The course will cover basic cooking methods, the preparation of meats, starches and vegetables.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the basic classical cooking techniques.
- Explain the basic food groups and their preparations.
- Interpret recipes and creatively adjust appropriately.
- Perform all duties while utilizing sanitation and safety practices.
- Demonstrate the proper use of culinary products, tools and equipment.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.