BUS 152 - Food/Beverage Cost and Revenue Management
Course Description: This course emphasizes the perspective that all decisions in management impact profitability. This course studies all aspects of a profit and loss analysis including: sales forecasting; menu development; product analysis; product pricing strategy; purchasing; inventory and receiving methodology; production; service; food, beverage and labor cost controls; security measures; service and cash management and financial analysis.
Prerequisite(s): Eligible for MAT 080, Math Module 70 or 80.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply the standard cost control tools to management procedures.
- Perform menu engineering analysis.
- Differentiate menu pricing methods while incorporating profit requirements into the planning process.
- Identify theft prevention procedures.
- Analyze budget standards.
- Apply cost volume profit analysis to food and beverage operations.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.