BUS 151 - Food and Beverage Management
Course Description: This course provides an examination of the food and beverage industry, including the study of management and marketing systems, menu planning, purchasing, food and beverage production, food and beverage service, industry cost controls and sustainability.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use food and beverage industry terminology.
- Evaluate menu effectiveness using accurate pricing strategies and menu engineering.
- Identify the components of a successful purchasing program, including purchasing, receiving, storage and inventory management.
- Demonstrate sanitation and safety procedures related to food service operations.
- Analyze the financial management of restaurants using financial statements and industry ratios.
- Research and analyze current industry trends.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.