In addition to traditional academic offerings, MCC provides a wide variety of workforce and personal development opportunities that serve distinct local needs and interests. A full range of cost-effective on-site, on-campus and online education and training programs are available to strengthen the local workforce, increase managerial effectiveness, enhance productivity, and contribute to the economic development of the region.
These courses and programs are designed to prepare employees for todays technologies and career paths, as well as provide personally enriching learning experiences for students of all ages. Middlesex faculty and staff members work with community and business leaders and advisory boards in developing and implementing:
- Courses, workshops, seminars and customized training for individuals and groups;
- Workforce and professional development opportunities with dynamic, flexible services adaptable to the needs of students at all levels and ages;
- Innovative programs and courses for children and teenagers;
- Intellectually stimulating learning opportunities for senior citizens and lifelong learners;
- Online courses adaptable to students’ overall education and training plans.
Corporate Education and Training
Middlesex offers customized training and education designed for individual employers, from one- or two-day seminars to credit and noncredit courses. These learning opportunities are held on site at an employer’s facilities, at our Bedford and Lowell campuses, or on-line on a schedule that accommodates the employer’s needs. We offer Workforce Training Fund Grant writing support to employers that choose MCC as their training vendor. We also administer training needs assessment for incumbent worker training. Examples of our professional development programs and offerings include:
- Adult Basic Education
- Advanced Manufacturing Training
- Business Writing
- Career Development
- Communication Skills
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Customer Service
- Early Childhood Education
- Electro-Mechanical Drafting
- Electronic Technology
- English as a Second Language
- Foreign Language Instruction
- Health Care Industry Specialties
- Individualized/Self-Paced Instruction
- Introduction to Python
- Lean Manufacturing
- MS Office, Computer Literacy, Application Skills, Programming and Networking
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Safety Training
- Supervisory and Management Training
- Train-the-Trainer Workshops
- Unconscious Bias
For more information, call 1-978-656-3009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/bus_ind/
Community Education and Training
Noncredit Courses, Certificates and Programs
MCC offers a variety of noncredit courses and programs designed to reach the broad cross section of interests, ages, and needs of our community. Students taking noncredit courses and certificates include professionals, career changers, youth, and active older adults.
Community Education’s noncredit courses cover a range of topics, including career and professional development, test preparation, computer applications and programming, information design and delivery, world languages and cultures, healthy living, and writing skills. Classes are scheduled remotely (live with an instructor) and on campus. Online courses through Cengage Learning , Ed2go, and MindEdge are also available. Below is a sample of some of our most popular programs. To veiw all our current classes visit https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/careertraining/ Questions email email@example.com
- Business Computer Applications Certificate - designed to provide the most up-to-date basic computer hardware and software skills. This noncredit certificate uses state-of-the-art computers to hone students’ skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook - needed in today’s workplace.
- Accounting Fundamentals Understanding basic accounting principles and maintaining accurate financial records is critical for all businesses. You will be introduced to theory and practice of basic concepts in accounting and bookkeeping. This hands-on program introduces participants to documents and journals required to establish a computerized set of accounts for a small business. Individuals who are interested in starting on this career path, small or home based business owners, and others with little to no experience will benefit.
- MS Excel - provides training from beginning to advanced functions of Microsoft Excel.
- Management and Leadership Certificate - This program will [provide supervisors and managers the skills needed to shift from an individual contributor to a well-respected manager and achieve team success. With case studies, you will discover how to adjust use your unique skills and management style for this new challenge.
- Google’s IT Support Professional Certificate is a program that helps people prepare for entry-level roles in IT support with no experience or degree necessary. Through a dynamic mix of video lectures, quizzes, and hands-on labs and widgets, the Google IT Support Professional Certificate introduces learners to troubleshooting, customer service, networking, operating systems, system administration, and security.
- Digital Photography Certificate - digital imaging is the medium most photographers work with today. This noncredit program is designed to meet the needs of anyone interested in photography, portraiture, or digital-image editing.
- Dental Hygiene/Local Anesthesia Certification - recommended for registered dental hygienists who would like to become certified in local anesthesia. At completion, the RDH will be able to administer safe, effective and painless local anesthesia with confidence and competence. The course consists of a 50 hour online pre-study prior to clinical training, interactive presentations, and a three-day clinical training in which students will have 30 injection experiences administering nerve blocks. Upon successful completion, students are awarded a certificate, CEUs, and will be prepared to take the CDCA exam.
- Society of Human Resources Management - HR ertification Exam Prep - SHRM Learning System® exam preparation course is designed to provide HR professionals with the knowledge to sit for the SHRM-CP/SCP Human Resource certifiction examinations.
- SHRM Essesntials of Human Resources - A 15 hour overview of Human Resource functions including compensation, employee law, employee relations. Materials are developed by Society of HR Management (SHRM).
- Pharmacy Technician - Under the supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technicians work in hospitals, home infusion pharmacies, community pharmacies and other healthcare settings. This course is designed to teach students the knowledge and skills necessary to practice as a Pharmacy Technician. The course will consist of a 60 hour instructor led class followed by an 80 hour externship in an actual pharmacy setting. The course will prepare the student to take the National Certification Exam to become PTCB certified. For more info call 781-280-3680 or 781-280-3570.
- Nurse Assistant/Home Health Aide Certificate Training - This training program (including 24 hours of weekend clinical training at a local long-term care facility) prepares you for an entry level career as a Nurse Assistant. Upon successful completion, students are eligible to sit for the Massachusetts nurse assistant certification exam. Students will learn how to appropriately care for residents in long-term care facilities and hospitals as well as personal patient care, patient rights, lifting and turning patients, safety, infection control, vital signs, record keeping, mental health care of residents, and stress management. Students must have a HS Diploma or GED. Students will also be required to pass a literacy exam and complete a CORI/SORI check. For more information contact Community Education at 781-280-3680 or 781-280-3570
- Digital Media Marketing - In today’s technology driven world, your business digital media marketing plan is essential. In this program, you will learn about the different digital media outlets and how they can be applied to your business marketing plan.
- Social Media Marketing - Our Social Media Certificate program is designed to provide participants with a foundation and skill set in the new, evolving world of social media. The skills can be applied immediately in the workplace or to market a small business.
For more information on all our programs, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a complete listing current non-credit classes visit https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/careertraining/
Technical Writing Certificate
The Writing Technical Information Certificate is a career enhancement opportunity for individuals who have well-developed writing skills and want to improve their effectiveness in communicating technical information. In this 120-hour, post-graduate noncredit program students learn the skills and tools to clearly and accurately inform users about technical products. Students learn how to conduct audience- and task-analysis, work with subject-matter experts, understand product documents and the product-development cycle, write clear procedures, review and revise technical information, manage writing projects, and make content usable. To apply and schedule information, visit the Writing Technical Information Certificate website.
The Middlesex Institute for Lifelong Education for Seniors, or MILES, is a program providing active retired and semi-retired individuals with intellectual stimulation and interaction. MILES offers lifelong learning opportunities for people over the age of 55, to participate in courses that vary and cover a wide range of topics - from film series, tea and tall ships to U.S. history. Previous courses on mystery writers, classic films, storytelling and opera have delighted our MILES members for years. Subject matter experts are welcome to facilitate classes to share their professional, educational and personal experiences. For more information call 781-280-3669 or email email@example.com More info: https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/careertraining/miles.aspx
Expand your creative side by enrolling in our fun, interactive classes such as baking, cooking, art, floral design, and more!
College for Kids/Youth Programs
College for Kids provides children and teens ages 8 to 17 with an exciting range of unique opportunities to explore careers, gain new knowledge, develop new skills and boost self-confidence. Our summer programs provide young students with a safe and fun place to learn. Programs are held virtually and at MCC campuses – making use of the extensive open space in Bedford, as well as the rich cultural and ethnic resources to be found in Lowell. For more information call 781-280-3669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org More info https://www.middlesex.mass.edu/collegeforkids/