Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts and Sciences
Students in the Physical Science Concentration Associate in Arts, Liberal Arts and Sciences degree program pursue interests in the sciences, while exploring other academic disciplines through the general education requirements of a liberal arts education. This program qualifies for MassTransfer, which guarantees credit transfer to Massachusetts state universities and the University of Massachusetts.
Career and Transfer Outlook:
Most students in the Physical Science Concentration continue their studies toward a bachelor’s degree. Students should check the requirements of the transfer institution and meet with career and academic/transfer counselors at MCC for specific program planning. Students may pursue various careers in chemistry, physics, environmental sciences, teaching or engineering.
Students should begin their Middlesex experience by taking the foundation-level courses (English and mathematics) prior to, or along with, their science courses. Writing and mathematics are fundamental to every subsequent course that students experience in a Liberal Arts and Sciences program.
Graduates of the Physical Science Concentration program will achieve the learning outcomes of the Liberal Arts and Sciences degree. Additionally, graduates are prepared to:
- Use their scientific educational experiences to provide a solid foundation for further study of the sciences;
- Convey scientific information through written, oral, numerical or visual communication;
- Demonstrate investigative skills that underlie the scientific method;
- Gather and interpret information about the natural world;
- Evaluate and discuss societal issues impacted by science.