Associate in Science, Liberal Studies
Bedford Campus - Day and Evening
The Studio Art Associate in Science, Liberal Studies degree program is designed to resemble the core curriculum of most art colleges and enable students to transfer directly into their major field of study. Students learn to utilize the fundamentals shared by all art forms to achieve creative solutions, and practice effective oral, written and visual communication. They also build a well-rounded portfolio, which is required for transfer.
Career and Transfer Outlook:
Most students in the Studio Art degree program continue their studies toward a bachelor’s degree. Students should check the requirements of the transfer institution and meet with career and academic/transfer counselors at MCC for specific program planning. Graduates have pursued careers in illustration, graphic design, industrial design, painting, sculpture, architecture, photography, interior design and art education.
Art assignments will require extensive out-of-class time in MCC’s art studios and labs. It is strongly recommended that students begin their educational career at Middlesex with foundation-level courses in English and math, along with one or two program requirements.
Graduates of the Studio Art degree program will achieve the learning outcomes of the Liberal Studies degree. Additionally, graduates are prepared to:
- Use the creative process to plan and execute their artwork in a variety of media;
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the formal and expressive aspects of art;
- Articulate the concepts and theoretical ideas of art and use those ideas to evaluate their own work and the work of others;
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the technical skills and processes of various art media;
- Complete a well-rounded portfolio for transfer to a bachelor’s degree program.