THE 114 - Stage Lighting and Projections3
Course Description: This course uses an emphasis on practical experience combined with lectures and discussions to give the student a solid familiarty and competence in lighting technology and design as used in theatres for a variety of performances (theatre, music, dance, etc.). Students will also explore projections: how to create them, and control them as an exciting addition to performances in all disciplines.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the controllable properties of light, and the functions of stage lighting.
- Apply safe and proper handling and operation of a variety of types of lighting and projection equipment.
- Perform basic maintance and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Apply advanced knowledge of control boards.
- Create and read light plots and accompanying paperwork created by lighting designers for various types of productions.
- Demonstrate professional behavior that is needed to succeed in the industry.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.