CSC 273 - Digital Forensics III3
Course Description: In this course, students study the methods and software and hardware tools used to retrieve data from mobile phones. Topics include the retrieval and examination of hidden and deleted data, including SMS messages and emails, as well as the hand-held body itself and the memory cards used with these devices. Additionally, introductory concepts of network forensics will be presented with emphasis on understanding network traffic and various ways information regarding that traffic can be gathered.
Prerequisite(s): Concurrent enrollment or completion of CSC 272 with a C or better.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will become proficient with Access Data Mobile Phone Examiner.
- Students will be able to describe how to investigate e-mail crimes and violations.
- Students will be able to explain the basic concepts of handhelds device forensics
- Students will be able to explain the basic concepts of mobile device forensics
- Students will be able to describe procedures for acquiring data from cell phones and mobile devices.
- Students will learn how to communicate effectively through verbal presentations and written reports.
- Students will be offered the opportunity to sit for the Access Data MPE certification exam.
- Students will be introduced to tools such as network sniffers and packet capture software.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.