CSC 272 - Digital Forensics II3
Formerly Computer Forensics II
Course Description: This course continues the study of Digital Forensics with emphasis on the tools used by investigators to acquire and analyze data. Through hands-on laboratory exercises, students will learn how to use computer forensics software and other tools while working with both Windows and Linux operating systems. Students will examine the digital forensic information as it relates to both civil and criminal investigations.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of CSC 170 with a C or better.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze digital evidence using FTK Imager, FTK Toolkit and Registry Viewer.
- Appropriately use Linux tools such as SleuthKit, Autopsy and Volatility.
- Define and describe components of different operating systems and file systems.
- Prepare digital evidence reports for both civil and criminal cases.
- Take the ACE (Access Data) certification exam.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.