IDS 120 - General Education Seminar: Money Matters: Personal Finance
Course Description: This course will explore basic concepts, techniques, and strategies in personal finance and money management, with the objective of enhancing a student’s financial capabilities both as a student and after college. Each student will explore and develop individual plans and options based on their current situation and future goals.
ISLOs: This course supports student development of Quantitative Literacy, Social Responsibility, and Personal & Professional Development.
General Education Elective(s): General Education
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Research and apply for various forms of financing for education such as financial aid, loans, scholarships, etc.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, or annual budgets to track and manage income and expenses
- Evaluate credit terms, conditions, and options for credit cards, auto loans and home mortgages
- Plan for the management of debt, the development of credit, and the building of savings and investment for personal, family, or retirement needs
- Assess insurance needs and options with respect to financial and other risks
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.