ITC 282 - Computer Network Security II
Formerly NST 282
Course Description: This course is a continuation of NST 281, with added emphasis on the configuration and use of secure networks. Topics such as intrusion detection and prevention, firewalls, access control lists, securing routers and switches are discussed. Laboratory exercises will be an integral part of this course. Employability skills such as problem solving, teamwork, communication and critical thinking are woven into the course work. (2 lecture hours, 2 lab hours)
Prerequisite(s): Completion of ITC 281 or NST 281
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Configure and secure firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, routers and switches
- Distinguish and rectify network security issues.
- Perform the configuration of VPN and secure tunneling to increase data security.
- Categorize the different techniques for securing a network.
- Explain the different types of network security equipment.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.