ITC 201 - Virtualization and Cloud Infrastructure
Course Description: Virtualization and clouds have revolutionized how organizations manage their data centers. This course introduces students to the techniques of such computing resources. Installation and configuration of virtual environments and clouds are covered. Creating and configuring virtual machines, virtual networks, techniques of high availability, resource allocation, monitoring, and automating virtual environments are covered. Security issues of every aspect of business are discussed. Cloud infrastructures using virtual environment, and cloud services such as security and migration services are also covered. Emphasis is on hands-on activities. Employability skills of communication, teamwork, ethics, problem solving and critical thinking are integrated into the course. 3 lecture hours, 2 lab hours
Prerequisite(s): Completion of NST 231 and one of ITC 281, NST 281 or CSC 188.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Configure and test hardware and software in a virtual environment including server and workstation.
- Incorporate virtual networks and virtual storage into secure network administration plan.
- Secure a virtual environment.
- Create and manage a virtual machine including monitoring, balancing, and automation.
- Distinguishing the components of a cloud infrastructure, service and deployment models.
- Using a virtual environment, build a cloud infrastructure.
- Perform management functions in cloud services including migration services and security.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.