MAS 105 - Electronic Health Records1
Course Description: This course provides a foundation in Electronic Health Records (EHR). Students will learn the fundamental principles for creating and maintaining an Electronic Health Record using training software. Special emphasis will be placed on learning how to document all medical office procedures accurately in simulated Electronic Health Records.
Note(s): Open to Medical Assisting students only.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the purpose, format, and uses of an electronic health record (EHR).
- Discuss key issues related to privacy and security of EHRs.
- Set up and edit patient and insurance information in the EHR.
- Use the EHR to add information to the schedule and create office visit notes.
- Describe how to order lab, imaging and medical tests.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.