ENG 143 - British Literature Survey
Course Description: This course introduces students to a survey of works by major British authors representative of literary time periods and movements within British history from the medieval to modern eras.
Prerequisite(s): Eligible for ENG 101.
General Education Elective(s): Humanities
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Express literary concepts orally
- Create written documents that employ Standard English spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization
- Create analytical essays that develop a central point supported by textual and other evidence
- Evaluate literary texts, including major themes and connections to their lives
- Analyze varied cultural elements in literature (setting, values, topics, themes, etc.)
- Articulate broadening awareness of similarities and differences among various time periods in British cultural history and their own
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.