MLT 205 - Clinical Chemistry Practicum
Course Description: This course provides the student with experience and competency in the clinical chemistry laboratory through integration of knowledge and skills gained in foundational courses. Chemistry instrumentation, methodologies and clinical interpretation and correlation of laboratory results will be emphasized.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of MLT 202 with a C or better.
Note(s): Open to Medical Laboratory Technology Degree students only.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate proper procedures for the collection, safe handling, and analysis of biological specimens.
- Perform accurate chemistry testing utilizing automated instrumentation.
- Evaluate quality control data according to laboratory protocol.
- Comply with established laboratory safety regulations.
- Demonstrate professionalism and effective communication skills with patients and members of the healthcare team.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.