COM 125 - Social Media
Course Description: This course introduces students to the contexts and forms of social media. Students become familiar with a range of social media tools, analyze and discuss their uses and implications, and develop hands on participation literacy.
Prerequisite(s): Eligible for ENG 101.
General Education Elective(s): Humanities
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Discuss the history of Social Media and the most current platforms.
- Evaluate and compare the appropriateness of social media tools for particular uses.
- Identify and analyze current social media issues and controversies.
- Create and curate social media content.
- Build professional networks and a personal brand using social media tools.
- Consider ethical implications and apply ethical decision making in the field of social media.
- Critically reflect on professional practice.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.