BUS 153 - Introduction to Hospitality Industry
Course Description: This course provides an examination of the various facets of the hospitality industry. This course will discuss management practices in the gaming/casino industry, the cruise line industry, entrepreneurship in the hospitality industry, as well as hotel and restaurant management. It will include explorations into ethics, marketing, and industry best practices, as well as sustainability and social responsibility.
Prerequisite(s): Eligible for ENG 099.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Examine the segments of hospitality management, including the hotel, restaurant, casino and cruise industries.
- Identify management issues, concerns and practices in the hospitality industry.
- Develop career path options within the hospitality industry.
- Analyze the ethical issues facing managers in the hospitality management.
- Research and analyze current industry trends.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.