SON 210 - Principles of Obstetrical Sonography II
Course Description: This course is a continuation of SON 209 and focuses on the sonographic appearances of the fetus and structures of the pregnant uterus during second and third trimesters. Differentiation of the normal and abnormal sonographic findings of the fetus and pregnant uterus along with measurement parameters are examined. Ethical considerations that may arise during the second and third trimester gestations will be discussed.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of SON 221
Note(s): Open to Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree students only.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the normal and abnormal sonographic appearances of the fetus and supporting structures of the pregnancy during the second and third trimester gestation.
- Formulate provisional diagnoses upon identification of abnormal sonographic appearances of the fetus and supporting structures.
- Analyze obstetrical measurements to assess whether growth is appropriate for second and third trimester gestational age.
- Assist the Radiologist/Obstetrician with invasive obstetrical procedures that require ultrasound guidance.
- Discuss obstetrical ethical issues that may arise during the second and third trimesters.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.