SON 121 - Clinical Practicum I
Course Description: Application in the clinical setting of the didactic knowledge presented in previous courses. Clinical instruction and practice will be provided with emphasis on normal abdominal and gynecological sonography studies. Orientation to the hospital’s/department’s policies and procedures will be covered. 16 hours per week
Prerequisite(s): Completion of SON 100, SON 101, and SON 103, all with a C or better.
Note(s): Open to Diagnostic Medical Sonography degree students only.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Perform routine abdominal and gynecological sonography examinations.
- Correlate pertinent clinical history prior to imaging.
- Demonstrate effective use of oral and written communication skills during interactions with patients, families and members of the health care team.
- Present the sonographic findings in a logical, sequential process to the Radiologist.
- Ensure patient safety and well-being while performing an ultrasound examination.
- Formulate a provisional diagnoses with normal abdominal and gynecological examinations.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.