NST 231 - Networking II
Course Description: This course teaches the concepts of IP data network routing and switch. Initial router configuration, Network Operating System Software management, routing protocol configuration, TCP/IP, and access control lists (ACLs) are covered to provide a comprehensive understanding of the networking environment. Employability skills such as problem solving, teamwork, communication and critical thinking are integrated into the course work. (2 lecture hours, 2 lab hours)
Prerequisite(s): Completion of NST 181
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Discuss the purpose and methods of IP routing.
- Demonstrate the ability to VLAN and port security on network switches
- Develop configurations for networking equipment.
- Use network control mechanisms of DHCP, DNS and network management tools.
- Secure networks at different layers.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.