NST 181 - Networking I
Course Description: This is an introductory networking course which addresses basic ideas of data communication networks including topologies, administration, security, and data communication concepts. Hands-on experience will include configuration of Cisco network equipment. (2 lecture hours, 2 lab hours)
Prerequisite(s): Eligible for MAT 080, Math Module 70 or 80.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Define network types and protocols
- Implement IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Design and implement a local area network
- Diagnose network problems in a methodical manner
- Communicate networking topics to a non-technical colleague
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.