MAT 295 - Linear Algebra I3
Course Description: Topics include: methods of solving systems of linear equations; linear independence and dependence; matrix algebra; determinants; vector spaces; and basis, dimension and rank. Applications from the business, science and engineering fields will be included.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of MAT 291 with a C or better
General Education Elective(s): Math all programs
Note(s): A TI - 83+ or 84+ graphing calculator is required.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Solve systems of linear equations in a variety of ways including row-reduction, matrix inverses, and Cramer’s Rule.
- Determine the determinant of a matrix.
- Examine the relationship between matrices and vector spaces including null space, basis, dimension, and rank.
- Perform operations of matrix algebra and appreciate the relationship between matrices and transformations.
- Model real-world applications using matrices.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.