MAS 122 - Advanced Clinical Assisting Procedures3
Course Description: Prepares students to perform specialized clinical procedures in the medical office. Based on the understanding of scientific principles, anatomic structures, and physiologic processes, students develop skills in pharmacology and medication administration, venipuncture, medical office surgery, and emergency medical care.
Prerequisite(s): MAS 103 with a C or better
Note(s): Open to Medical Assisting students only
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Differentiate between medical and surgical asepsis.
- Explain the role of the medical assistant in assisting with various types of surgical and diagnostic imaging procedures.
- Select appropriate adaptive devices used to help patients to ambulate.
- Identify appropriate first aid and emergency responses for various medical emergencies.
- Solve dosage calculation equations.
- Describe safety precautions related to medication administration, including the medical assistant’s role in IV therapy.
- Identify the specific vaccinations and schedule of administration for children and adults.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.