MAS 121 - Clinical Laboratory Techniques3
Course Description: A clinical course including the use and care of laboratory equipment, safety standards and practices in a clinical laboratory setting, and performance of laboratory analysis on body fluids. Emphasis is placed on laboratory skills routinely performed in a medical office. 2 hours lecture/2 hours laboratory
Note(s): Open to Medical Assisting students only
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Perform routine CLIA waived patient screening tests using established protocols.
- Differentiate between normal and abnormal test results.
- Demonstrate proper disposal of biohazardous material.
- Select appropriate barrier/personal protective equipment (PPE) for different types of precautions.
- Identify safety techniques that can be used in responding to accidental exposure.
- Perform compliance reporting based on public health statutes.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.