MAS 103 - Basic Clinical Skills3
Course Description: An introduction to clinical skills used in the examination and treatment of patients in the medical office. Students use knowledge of scientific principles and physiologic processes to build practical skills. 2 hours lecture/2 hours laboratory
Note(s): Open to Medical Assisting students only
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply therapeutic communication with patients across the lifespan
- Integrate OSHA’s requirement for a site-based Exposure Control Plan into office management procedures.
- Develop an appropriate and effective patient-teaching plan.
- Assist with the basic physical examination in both adult and pediatric patients, including obtaining a complete medical history and basic patient assessments.
- Perform routine clinical office procedures using correct techniques.
- Apply knowledge of basic nutrition to reading food labels and explaining therapeutic diets to patients.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.