MAS 102 - Administrative Medical Assisting4
Course Description: A comprehensive course to prepare Medical Assisting students to perform administrative procedure in the medical office and to utilize medical management computer software effectively. Students will develop skills in common administrative functions in the medical practice. 2 hours lecture/4 hours laboratory
Prerequisite(s): CAP 101 or equivalent.
Note(s): Open to Medical Assisting students only
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of the profession and applicable legal and ethical standards to the practice of Medical Assisting.
- Demonstrate common procedures and practices in the medical front office.
- Manage the medical office schedule.
- Locate appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes related to the patient’s office visit.
- Differentiate between the different health insurances.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.