MAS 101 - Medical Terminology3
Course Description: An introductory course in medical terminology. Students develop skill in understanding the components of common medical prefixes, suffixes, and terms through a systematic exploration of each body system. Word building and flexibility are emphasized. This course is fundamental in the preparation for any medical field or position.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the organs and structures of the body systems.
- Describe the primary functions of the body systems.
- Define the word roots, suffixes and prefixes in medical words.
- Describe the meaning of new medical words by defining the elements.
- Define common medical abbreviations and medical terms.
- Accurately pronounce and spell medical terminology.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.