HUS 101 - Introduction to Human Services3
Course Description: An introduction to and overview of the terminology, client populations, and career options in human services. The focus of the course will be on individuals in need, understanding our own value systems, social policies and their impact, and critical trends, such as self advocacy, managed care, and prevention.
Prerequisite(s): Eligible for ENG 101.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and describe the importance of key historical events in the development of human services in Western societies
- Define target populations in need of human services and describe the basic human services available to these target populations in the US
- Identify key social and political policies that affect human services and describe their impact on target populations and service systems
- Differentiate between career opportunities and job requirements in the field of human services
- Evaluate various approaches to human services
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.