ENG 200 - Creative Writing II3
Course Description: A continuation of Creative Writing I. Examines the techniques of fiction and poetry through the study of a few writers and through discussion of student manuscripts.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of ENG 102 and ENG 150
General Education Elective(s): Humanities
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate a professional commitment to writing by keeping a daily journal, and completing their weekly assignments
- Use their own creative process to plan and execute projects of their own conception in their chosen genre(s) of fiction and/or poetry
- Demonstrate their abilities to respond sensitively and thoughtfully to a variety of writers, writing styles, and genres
- Articulate elements of an aesthetics of writing, and use them to evaluate their own work and the work of others
- Demonstrate their understanding of the peer review and group workshop process, participating in both the “giving” and “receiving” of written and verbal feedback, commenting on the works of other classmates and listening to the comments of others about their own work
- Produce a portfolio of writing that exemplifies the outcomes above
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.