ENG 185 - The Short Story3
Course Description: Examination of short stories from around the world, presenting the techniques and the nature of the short story as literature so that the reader may better understand and enjoy the genre. Short analytical papers and exams are required.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of ENG 101.
General Education Elective(s): Humanities; Literature
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Express literary concepts orally
- Create written documents that employ Standard English spelling, grammar, punctuation
- and capitalization
- Create analytical essays that develop a central point supported by textual and
- Evaluate literary texts, including major themes and connections to their lives
- Analyze various cultural elements in literature (setting, values, topics, themes, etc.)
- Articulate a broadening awareness of similarities and differences among short stories in the United States and across the world from its origins to today
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.