DHY 153 - Periodontology
This course introduces the concepts of Periodontology. The primary focus of the course is on etiology, epidemiology, classification, diagnosis, pathogenesis, and therapies related to periodontal disease.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of DHY 100, DHY 104, and BIO 235, all with a C or better; completion of DHY 101
Note(s): Open to Dental Hygiene degree students only
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Assess a patient’s risk factors, risk indicators, and contributory factors for periodontal disease.
- Summarize etiology, role of the host response, and the pathogenesis of periodontal disease.
- Diagnosis a patient’s periodontal condition based on health history, clinical features, and microbiological.
- Create dental hygiene treatment plan for a patient with periodontal disease.
- Predict expected outcomes, contraindications and risks associated with surgical and non-surgical periodontal treatment options using evidence based principles.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.