DAS 151 - Dental Science II
Course Description: A continuation of Dental Science I, providing further information from the medical sciences as they relate to dentistry. Included in this course are the basic principles of microbiology, oral pathology, pharmacology, and relative medical emergencies. Occupational hazards are also discussed. 3 hours lecture
Prerequisite(s): Completion of DAS 101.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the characteristics of common diseases and syndromes that afflict the head and neck area.
- List the basic principles of diseases and their manifestation in specific organ systems.
- Apply the knowledge of microorganisms towards infection control protocols and limiting disease transmission.
- Apply understanding of the pathophysiology of the organ systems to assist in diagnosis, prevention, and treatment procedures.
- Facilitate treatment scheduling and management of the conditions with understanding of the sequela and treatment processes of oral diseases and disorders.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.