DAS 150 - Clinical Practicum
Course Description: This course focuses on the externship experience at area dental offices and clinics. Students have the opportunity to assist in “real life” dental procedures with a participating dentist. Students also get the opportunity to experience the day-to-day running of an actual dental office. Students will also participate in a community service project. 300 clinical hours
Prerequisite(s): Completion of DAS 101, DAS 102, DAS 104, DAS 105, DHY 152
Note(s): There is an 8 day externship during the Winter Intersession and a Community Service Project that is included as part of this course.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Assist chairside in dental procedures.
- Perform the legally delegated procedures of the MA Dental Practice Act as required in a dental practice.
- Manipulate dental materials appropriately as needed in a dental practice.
- Critically think, problem solve, and anticipate the needs of others while participating in dental procedures in a dental office or clinic.
- Perform infection control protocols for safe dental practice.
- Demonstrate compassion and empathy for patients and others.
- Demonstrate professionalism and effective communication skills with patients and dental office staff.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.