CRJ 151 - Interpersonal Communications In Criminal Justice
Course Description: This course will examine the dynamics of professional and interpersonal communications within the field of criminal justice/law enforcement. Topics will include: verbal and non-verbal communication, stereotyping, civility, perceptions, crisis intervention, stress awareness and management, professional relationships, ethics, conflict resolution, and multicultural diversity.
Prerequisite(s): Completion of ENG 101.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate good public speaking skills
- Identify, interpret, and practice effective verbal and non-verbal communications
- Demonstrate interpersonal communications skills within the context of Criminal Justice, including empathy, social perception, and effective listening and responding, while employing ethical standards
- Utilize technology to showcase samples of academic work
- Describe career opportunities within the Criminal Justice field, compare and contrast roles and requirements for careers in Law Enforcement, Courts, and Corrections
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.