CHE 132 - College Chemistry II4
Course Description: A systematic study of the structures, nomenclature, physical properties, and chemical reactions of the classes of organic compounds, progressing to a study of biochemistry and the compounds of life: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids. The laboratory includes an experimental study of the chemical principles. 3 hours lecture/3 hours laboratory
Prerequisite(s): Completion of CHE 131 with a C or better.
General Education Elective(s): Science
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Draw conclusions based on analysis of graphic and numeric data gathered from chemistry experiments.
- Analyze chemical equilibria in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
- Compose a formal lab report in a scientifically acceptable format.
- Deliver effective classroom presentations on relevant chemistry subjects.
- Demonstrate safe and proper use of the standard tools of the chemistry lab.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.