BUS 214 - Business Internship
Course Description: The business internship provides students with the opportunity to apply classroom learning and strengthen interpersonal and technical skills in a work experience related to their field of study. Students complete an online course in addition to completing a minimum of 135 hours of work during the semester at an approved site. The online course focuses on workplace issues based on students’ experiences at their internship sites. Students must obtain an approved internship before the semester begin.
Prerequisite(s): Eligible for ENG 101; and completion of 12 credits in the student’s degree or certificate program with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform satisfactorily in the workforce.
- Incorporate academic learning with on-the-job experience.
- Develop technical skills and professional communications in a work setting.
- Research the industry and organizational structures, culture and ethics.
- Demonstrate awareness of self, others, and social responsibility in a work, career and global context.
- Establish a network of professional contacts, mentors and references.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.