BUS 192 - Convention and Event Sales and Planning
Course Description: This course provides an examination of the operational and managerial aspects of convention and event management. Included are marketing and sales of meetings, planning and managing events, billing issues and trends in industry.
Course Student Learning Outcomes:
- Use convention and event industry terminology.
- Evaluate the different event market groups and assess how hotels will satisfy their needs.
- Develop an event plan, incorporating a schedule, event set up, food and beverage details, audio visual needs, and housing specifications.
- Calculate the budget for this event, insuring profit guidelines are met.
- Research and analyze current industry trends.
Click here for course schedule details, to register for this course, or to view required books for this course.